Tuesday 7 January 2014

Thanks for the Grebes Steve!

So, I've just arrived back at university in Plymouth, but an hour before I had to catch my train, I found out that Steve Waite (thank you so much!!) had found two Black-necked Grebe on Decoy Lake!!! At first I was like, "I'm I reading this message right!" Black-necked Grebe on Decoy is an insane record, and a patch lifer!

So I pleaded my dad to take me to Decoy before dropping me off at the station. We arrived at about 12:30pm, and after a pretty tense few seconds scanning the lake, I picked them up on the far side.

I only had about 10 minutes, so I quickly took one photo through my scope, and spent the remainder of the time admiring the birds.

Beautiful!
Hopefully the birds will stay long enough to let the other locals come to see them.

Anyway, a nice way to mark this blog's hundredth post!

No comments:

Post a Comment